White Horse E-News - 12-03-2013
December Advice from Pastor Wohlberg
December is here, the last month of 2013. Tomorrow (Wednesday) I head to Miami Springs, Florida, for my next Bible prophecy seminar on "God's Last Message: Christ our Righteousness," which will be held December 6,7. If you are in the area, come join us. This time, my entire family will be there, plus Gilbert and Kathe Navarro too. We would love to meet you in person. For details, email Pastor Ben (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As I ponder the times in which we live, I am not only SO THANKFUL to Jesus Christ for sparing my life and saving my soul, but I am also VERY SOLEMN as I think about so many who are in the greatest peril of missing heaven. That said, here are a few words of advice from Pastor Steve:
1. "Seek FIRST the kingdom of God, and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33). Put Jesus first when you wake up in the morning. Pray and read from God's Book (or other devotional) before you start your day. If we don't put on the whole armor of God (see Ephesians 6:11) at the beginning of each day, we are easy targets for evil angels.
2. "Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfil the lust of the flesh" (Galatians 5:16). During the day, stay in the Spirit by praying short prayers often, walking humbly, and being on guard against temptation. Satan tempts us in many ways, and only by walking in the Spirit can we discern and resist his snares.
3. "Lead us not into temptation" (Matthew 6:13), is what Jesus told us to pray. Avoid temptation as much as possible. Someone once said, "The best way to win a war is to avoid the battle." We can't always do this, but often we can. STAY FAR AWAY from what tempts you.
4. Talk less and pray more. Solomon said, "God is in heaven, and you on earth; therefore let your words be few" (Ecclesiastes 5:2). Jesus is really trying to teach me this lesson. It is so easy to speak, and get ourselves into trouble. Many difficulties can be avoided by not saying a thing!
5. Search your heart. "Search me, O God, and know my heart," prayed David in Psalm 139:23. God is searching the hearts of His people. Jesus said, "I am He who searches minds and hearts, and I will give to each one of your according to your works" (Revelation 2:23). Now is the time to search our own hearts, and to put away our sins. We don't want to have any hidden secrets and sins revealed on Judgment Day.
6. Focus on eternity, more than on this life. Our short life here is "like a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away" (James 4:14). Paul wrote, "set your minds on things above, not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:2). We need to learn by experience what this means. This world, and all its sinful pleasures, will soon vanish, while "he who does the will of God abides forever" (1 John 2:15).
7. Live for Jesus. "Looking to Jesus," is Paul's counsel in Hebrews 12:2. Jesus is our King. Soon the whole universe will be in submission to Him, and happy for it. I can hardly wait.
This December, let's follow these Bible verses.
As the year closes, and as you think about any end-of-the-year giving, if God leads you, remember White Horse Media.
Jesus loves us all. Stay close to Him.
Speaker/Director, White Horse Media
Post Comments HERE on Steve's new blog
About White Horse Media
Help Us Spread God's Word
Surviving Toxic Terrorism
Fabulous Health Made Simple
Juice Your Way to Fabulous Health
God's Last Message: Christ our Righteousness
Overcoming Satan's Warfare Against the Family